The Need for Healthcare Data Collection
Healthcare data has allowed care providers to progressively diagnose patient health needs and proactively provide treatment. From pre-existing health conditions to co-morbidities, from reproductive outcomes to causes of death, and even quality of life; healthcare data captures details of every single patient.
Collecting healthcare data facilitates efficient communication between care providers, healthcare institutions, payors, and patients. Furthermore, systematically structured and maintained data also support healthcare compliance and regulations by provider institutions.
The need is undeniable. Hence, healthcare institutions of all sizes commit considerable resources in healthcare data collection.
Automated Collection and Maintenance of Healthcare Data
The transition from paper-based healthcare data collection to digital records has been underway for quite some time now. Healthcare facilities that have digitized their healthcare data collection process have saved millions in data management costs and significantly improved their quality of care.
Automated healthcare data collection has also allowed providers to:
- Focus more on patient care, rather than the administrative tasks related to data capture
- Access patient history and lifestyle records remotely for effective treatment planning
- Utilize predictive analytics to ascertain parameters such as patient safety, illness and recurrence risk
- Reduce patient wait-time, potential treatment costs, possibility of readmission and average hospital stay
However, automation of healthcare data collection and maintenance, while adhering to data privacy norms is a completely new function which provider institutions have to setup. While its feasible to do it internally, outsourcing healthcare data collection to an automation expert can expedite the digital transformation and prove to be cost effective.
Why Choose hBITS for Healthcare Data Collection?
hBITS Healthcare Data Collection is a suite of services that combines establishment of data sources and network, creation of dynamic data management and access platforms, as well as integration of advanced analytics abilities.
We believe in deeply studying the data-ecosystem of your practice before creating a custom healthcare data collection solution for you.
- Integrate data sources for seamless information flow
- Identify and create new data sources if none exist
- Collect and centrally consolidate healthcare data
- Scrub and regularize data as per provider and payor requirements
- Cloud hosting to make healthcare data easily accessible 24x7
- AI enabled data analytics to assist in diagnostics and treatment planning
- Intuitive dashboards for data reporting and individual records access