The Need for Internet of Things (IoT)
Internet of Things or IoT is essentially a network of physical objects embedded with sensors or software connecting them with each other over the internet. These connected objects or things can exchange data and support each other’s functionality.
With IoT, businesses can significantly improve information flow from within and outside the organizations. Undeniable benefits of IoT include:
- Fewer Human Errors: IoT devices reduce the risk of data overloading and manual errors by 50%, as data is handled automatically over the internet.
- Effective Workflows: The speed and effectiveness of routine processes is enhanced manifold with IoT, with zero need for data input.
- Real-time Monitoring: Device and user activity gets automatically tracked and relayed to data repositories, ready for access by concerned departments.
- Value chain efficiency: Improve plant performance and supply chain efficiency by 20% with reduced cost of operations. Deliver greater value to your customers with IoT.
Getting your existing assets ready for IoT application may call for some investment, but it has lasting returns in terms of operational and financial efficiencies.
IoT in Healthcare
IoT especially supports rollout and maintenance of tele-health and tele-medicines services by healthcare providers. Patients and providers can benefit from IoT applications such as:
- Remote Patient Monitoring and Data Collection: Care providers can proactively monitor and recommend treatment to changes of measurements in health indicators such as blood pressure, blood sugar, heart rate, sleep quality, and body temperature.
- Personal Health Monitoring: Patients can independently keep track of their health through a smartwatch, health kit app or similar IoT enabled wearable device. This helps in lifestyle management for chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, metabolic disorder, etc.
- Optimization of Hospital Operations: Every day facility checks and management can be done for factors such as air quality, air temperature, and medical data transfers. Real-time data accessibility can alert providers and administrators to the need for intervention.
- Asset Management: IoT technologies for position tracking and indoor geolocation data can be applied for asset location and management. This has a sustainable positive impact of resource allocation and cost efficiency of the center.
Healthcare institutions across the globe are upgrading their facilities to incorporate IoT and establish a more connected network of assets, providers, payors, and patients.
Why Choose hBITS IoT Solutions?
Integrating your existing assets and facilities with IoT requires deep feasibility studies and device suitability projections. hBITS IoT Solutions are designed to support this transition for your organization in an agile and efficient manner, with optimum return on your investments.
- IoT infrastructure setup and facility integration as per business need
- Assisted roll out of new IoT devices as per protocols and regulations
- Asset identification as data source and automated data collection
- Backend data scrubbing, analytics, and reporting in real-time
- Data stream merging as per context and process relevance
- Data access control and privacy as per organization structure
- Cost effective digital transformation for maximal IoT gains